Can SERVPRO of Bellflower handle it?! OF COURSE!
SERVPRO Trailer ready
I you are wondering if SERVPRO of bellflower can handle fire damages. The answer is yes it can.
SERVPRO of Bellflower can not only handle water damages but fire damages as well. We are equipped with the correct cleaning supplies, machines and experienced technicians to clean and restore any size fire damage.
So not to worry to find who can handle you fire damage. Look no further because we are the professional you need to call. Even if it is in the middle of the night. We are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week for emergencies!
We will explain everything that we will do to clean-up all the affected area. If we have to remove material, we will let you. In other words, we will walk you through all the steps to be taken.
10 steps/tips to take to prepare for a storm
A storm damaged this home
As soon as the first signs of a storm start taking precautions. Stay tuned with your local weather or news station. Obey all authority request like evacuations.
Here are also 10 steps/tips to keep your family and home safe.
- Evacuation plan- When an evacuation is placed by authorities it is best if you have a plan to follow. Chose a common place to meet and or a single point-of-contact for all family members. If you have pets make an evacuation plan including your pet.
- Storm shutters- install impact shutters. It would be a good idea to install impact-resistant glass if you live in a place where you have storms often. If you don’t have any of those, you can nail pieces of plywood to the windows as last-minute resource.
- Outdoor Pieces- any outdoor furniture, pots, plants, BBQs, toys and bikes put them inside. Place them somewhere safe.
- Wall hangings and art- any art or hanging decoration make sure they are sturdy on the wall and any hanging art outdoors make sure to bring it inside.
- Enough Power- have a back up generator and enough fuel for a few days incase of power outage. Charge your phone and fill up your car’s gas tank.
- Unplug- Unplug all appliances and move them away from doors and windows.
- Emergency Kit- Prepare an emergency kit and keep it on hand at all times. Weather there is a storm near by or not, it is always good to have an emergency kit ready for whatever may happen. Gather flashlights, a portable radio, extra batteries, non-perishable food, bottled water, cash, blankets, clothing and toiletries. Also, have and First Aid kid ready and right next to your emergency kit.
- Important documents- Important documents like marriage license, birth certificates, financial and legal papers, insurance papers and jewelry place in a safety box or in a bolted safe in a secure place like closet or basement.
- Cars- Move cars to higher ground or park them in your garage against the garage doors. Do not park under trees, power lines or in low-lying areas.
- Shelter Room- Choose a room in your home that will become your shelter room away from windows or unprotected windows and doors in the first floor. Wait there until the storm passes.
When the storm has passed and there has been damage to your property contact your insurance and SERVPRO of Bellflower to get you back to your home A.S.A.P.
How to conserve water this summer to avoid droughts.
A map showing where the U.S is going through a drought
This year and last year were similar in weather but that’s all that we notice, but when it comes to water we do not know if we have enough or if we are in a drought. So far the West region of the United states is in a drought.
Here are some tips to conserve water:
- Water your yard in the morning or evening – when you water during the day when the sun is hot makes the water evaporate quickly and plants don’t benefit from it like they should. And if you will be doing some remodeling in your garden consider planting desert plants because they don’t need to be watered so much.
- Check for leaks with the toilet test – one way to check if your toilet is leaking is to put food coloring in the septic tack and if it seeps to the bowl with it being flushed you have a leak and they can leak up to 100 gallons per day. An inexpensive rubber flapper may be all you need to fix it.
- Shorten your shower – cutting down 2 mins of your shower time can save 1750 gallons per year. Turn off the water while you soap and/or shave.
- Use the dishwasher -Hand-washing your dishes can use up to 27 gallons of water, compared to just 3 gallons for a new Energy Star-rated dishwasher.
- Cover the pool – If you do have a pool make sure to cover it to prevent water evaporation.
Different types of Storms
Different types of storms
No one ever think about the different types of storms there are. To us every storm is a storm and it destroys whatever is in its path. We understand that it is a force of nature that no one can control, but have you paid attention to the different types of storms.
There are a few different types of storms. These include hailstorms, ice storms, snowstorms, thunderstorms, wind storms, hurricanes, and tornadoes.
Ice storms is when the rain freezes in midair and when it hits the floor it is called sleet. Sleet is a mixture of rain and snow, but unlike snow it is translucent. When it hits the floor, it is very dangerous. Sometimes, it is also called black ice because when it hits the asphalt it is not noticeable and causes accidents.
Thunderstorms are when the rain freezes in the clouds and it is suspended in the clouds by upward wind, but when it gets to heavy the frozen rain falls creating hail. Hail storms can be dangerous. So, stay inside in case of any storm!
Snow storm is another storm that you should know about. Although not as dangerous as the ice storm the snow storms have other dangers like avalanches, lowering temperatures to very dangerous low temps and blizzard.
A storm with high winds and no precipitation and no rain is called a wind storm. If you know that a wind storm is about to hit get underground in a basement and away from windows.
There are 4 types of thunder storms. single cell, multicell line, multicell cluster, and supercell storms. Single cell is formed in high humidity, it doesn’t even last an hour, but create severe hail and weak tornadoes. Multicell is a storm that consist of several single cell storms at different stages of their life. Super cell storms are the most severe. They can produce strong downbursts, large hail, and occasional flash floods.
A firestorm is formed when an inferno created by intense flames absorbs the surrounding air, and fans the flames inside the center of the storm. A firestorm is formed when an inferno created by intense flames absorbs the surrounding air, and fans the flames inside the center of the storm.
When a tropical cyclone reaches 74 m/p then it’s considered a hurricane, typhoon, or cyclone. is used to describe windstorms that originate over tropical or sub-tropical waters. A hurricane rotates counter clock-wise while a cyclone rotates clock-wise.
Tornado aka twisters rotate counter clock-wise. Tornadoes are funneled shaped where the narrow side touched the earth carrying dirt and debris. Tornadoes are produced in severe thunderstorms and are very unpredictable. It has 5 stages: advisory, alert, watch, warning, and tornado. A tornado is usually preceded by high winds and lightning and The Fujita scale measures it in five stages: F1 – moderate, F2 – significant, F3 – severe, F4 – devastating, and F5 – incredible. US is the country where they happen the most.
So, after all of this explanation you know a little bit more on the different types of storms. Now you can classify a little better what type of storm you may encounter.
When buying or building a fire pit.
4 types of fire pits
Fire pits are good way to relax by yourself or have a romantic night. It is also a great way to have good time with friends and family. No doubt that a fire pit is a great addition to your home. There are many different types of fire pits you can chose from and many things to look at.
When choosing a fire pit there are many things to consider like:
- How safe is the location where you want to place it?
- Check for local building code and homeowner’s association for restrictions
- If you want a permanent or portable fire pit
- Is it a wood or gar fire pit?
- Research what type of fire pit best fits you and your home
And the list can go on.
Most important take safety precautions to avoid fire disasters.
- Depending where you live, check to see how may feet away from a structure or flammable object like trees, sheds, bushes, fences, etc.… should be. Different cities/states have different regulations and codes.
- Avoid windy conditions to avoid embers flying, so check weather forecast.
- Maintain fire pits by cleaning ashes regularly.
- Clean any flammable debris from around fire pits
- If you are doing a permanent or diy fire pit, use noncombustible material around and underneath
- And never leave a fire Unattended!
So, fire pits are in fact a great addition to any home but there are a lot of things that you have to consider and take precautions for. When you have done all of that and have your fire pit have fun and enjoy!
Who to call in case of a water or fire loss at your business?
The SERVPRO team
What to do and who to call when you have had a water or fire loss at your business?
If you don’t know, we have the answer. SERVPRO of Bellflower is the professionals you need to handle you water or fire loss.
We not only have trained and experienced staff and technicians but we also have the industrial equipment to get the job done quickly and efficiently. The equipment we use is specialized equipment for any job big or small. From extracting water equipment to filtering the air from mold spore and even fire damage clean-up equipment. We also use specialized industrial chemicals that are only provided to trained personnel. Chemicals not sold to the public.
Put the trained and experienced team with the industrial equipment and the specialized chemicals and you’ll get amazing results. “Like it never even happened.”
So, for a high-quality job done right the first time with minimal downtime for your business, call the professionals of SERVPRO of Bellflower.
Our staff is always on call 24/7 for emergencies. (562)608-8805
One stop shop
SERVPRO of Bellflower can do all of that.
When you go through a water or fire loss all you want is for the damage to me repaired quickly. You want to have your property back as soon as possible.
When anything of that nature happens, you have to deal with multiple parties to get your property cleaned and restored. From the mitigation company to the construction company, painters company, etc.. So many companies that you have to deal with and with that comes more stress and worry.
But with SERVPRO of Bellflower you don’t have to worry about all of that. Why? you might ask. Well, a good and powerful reason is because we can handle most of the job, if not all.
With over 12 years of experience in the construction and mitigation industry, we understand the need to move quickly and efficiently. With SERVPRO of Bellflower you will get a one stop shop. So, who is going to be your next choice for clean-up and restoration? Of course, SERVPRO of Bellflower!
IICRC CERTIFIED FIRM
IICRC Certification logo
When it comes to trusting someone with important things, you don’t just trust anyone. And we, here at SERVPRO of Bellflower, understand that all too well. We understand entrusting your home to just anyone to get repairs done, has to be by some one you know will to the job right, and even then, you still feel like it’s a risk. So how can you find or look for someone can trust?
When hiring SERVPRO of Bellflower, you can have peace of mind because we are a IICRC certified firm.
What is the IICRC? IICRCR stand for Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification. It is a non-profit organization that set standard internationally. Formerly known as International Institute of Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Inc. This institute has about 60,000 certified technicians and 6,000 certified Firms. This means that SERVPRO of Bellflower is a credible company that follows the same high standards that every reputable company internationally follows. To be able to be IICRC certified you have to be licensed and bonded.
So, for your peace of mind, you know that you are getting a company that is backed up by an institute that set very high standards, yet we follow every one of them.
Routine plumbing inspections are very important.
The maintenance of a home can be difficult to keep up to date with. Between your life schedule of your daily home things, family, and work, keeping track of your home maintenance may be a tough task. Home maintenance is a job all on its own. Start a maintenance list and it will fill up very quickly and will only keep growing as you don’t keep up with it.
One of the most important maintenance in a property is the plumbing. So many things can go sideways with plumbing. From pipes bursting, to pinhole leaks that go un-noticed for a while that turn into big head-aches. We have seen it several time over and over again. Property owners not doing routine plumbing maintained that have had water damages due to plumbing. The cost for those damaged only increase when not take care of quickly.
Have a professional plumber inspect the plumbing at least once a year. This may help prevent so many disasters and headaches.
Many Reasons Why SERVPRO of Bellflower
You ask yourself why SERVPRO of Bellflower when there do may other companies that can do the mitigation? Well, there are so many other reasons why!
SERVPRO of Bellflower Is a company that thrives in making your experience the best that it can. We understand that whatever damage you may have, fire, water, mold or smoke, is an unfortunate event that no one wishes to go through. We do understand that the only thing the customer wants is for it to get cleaned, restore and get back to their lives the quickest possible.
We make is so that the process and experience is the best it can be. We set up appointments to fit your schedule but also to get the work done ASAP. We make sure the job is done in a timely manner and to the best quality of work.
99% of our customers are happy customers. We just recently worked with a customer that we changed his mind. At first, he was very hesitant that we do his mothers mitigation because of bad experience, but after working with us his mind changed completely. He was very happy with the work and customer service received from us.