Roof maintenance for the storms to come.
Its cold season and with that comes rains and storms. Your home is what stand between you and the storm. The roof is what takes the most damage when there is rain or hail or a storm. When was the last time you replaced or at least did some maintenance? If you have not done any in many, many years, eventually there are going to be damages to it. If you are at that point then expect to get showers inside you home.
It is not difficult to inspect and do small repairs to your roof.
Here are some tips to what to look for when doing an inspection.
- Any appearance of sagging or leaning
- Obvious patches and cracks
- Torn, cracked, or missing shingles
- Damage or loose material around your chimneys, vents, and pipes
- Lots of visible shingle granules (These look like sand.)
- Detached gutters and downspouts
- A large accumulation of debris
- Algae growth
- Wet spots on the ceiling
If you notice damage that you cannot repair hire a licensed roofer and if you already have water damages inside your home, we are the professionals to call. SERVPRO of Bellflower 562-608-8805